Sunday, January 4, 2009

And we danced all night...


A couple of days ago I had a dance reunion with a few girls I had danced with at International Ballet School, Colorado Ballet, Julia's, and other places around town. A few years ago, I had decided to take the college route instead of pursuing a career as a professional ballerina. This was an incredibly difficult decision for me, as well as incredibly easy. I had been dancing since the age of 3, and had given up my chance at a normal life to practice in the studios for hours each day. But on the other side of things, I wanted a social life, a proper college education, and to be able to eat more than vegtables and yogurts.

The picture shown is of me (burgundy leotard and black skirt) and my friend Emily Small (left) during a Pas a deux class taught by (will remember name and put in here) at Boston Ballet. We're taking class in studio 8, which is located on the top level and has observation window for parents and other students to watch us from (and from where this photo was taken from).

Now that I've been off dance for a number of years, I think I'm ready to go back. And if I can find any more pictures or videos of BB SDP 2000 and 2001 floating on the internet, I'd love to have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment